Date Posted: 11/11/22
Location: Atlanta, GA 30312
Job Type: Part-Time (20 - 30 hours)
At Rebel Raw, we make all-natural raw food that dogs and cats crave. We're also a technology-driven e-commerce business. We use meats and produce from restaurant suppliers—always human grade—to make our fresh food and treats. We make all of our products by hand in our Atlanta facility, and we are proud to be a small, local, family-owned business since 2014.
Help us make high quality, fresh food for cats and dogs! We’re looking for animal lovers who believe cats and dogs should eat real food, and want to be part of a dedicated team making that happen. The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented person who enjoys a variety of tasks. Reliability, problem solving and self sufficiency are also important for this role.
This role consists of working in our processing facility and kitchen, assisting with the daily operations of Rebel Raw. This is a very physically demanding role, comprised of operational responsibilities such as operating a meat grinder, packaging food, receiving pallets and moving 40 lb - 60 lb cases, stocking the walk-in freezer, inventory management, and cleaning (cleaning and sanitizing equipment, sinks, bathroom, mopping floors.)
We're looking for someone who believes cats and dogs deserve real food, enjoys challenges, and takes pride in producing excellent results, no matter how big or small the task. The ideal candidate for this job is hard working, willing to get dirty, has positive energy and enjoys challenges.
- Ability to process and handle raw meat, organs and produce. We grind all of the food we make in house with a commercial meat grinder. You will be the main meat grinder operator (one full day per week). Don’t worry, we’ll teach you how.
- You must be comfortable handling and packing freshly ground food into bags with a sausage stuffer, cutting and packing organs into bags, slicing meat for jerky.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk around for the majority of shift.
- Able to lift up to 60 lb for brief durations. Able to comfortably lift and carry 40 lb for short distances, within our facility.
- Computer and email proficiency. (We use Macs.)
- Able to work 3 - 4 weekdays, within the hours of 7 am - 6 pm. Must be able to work Tuesdays and Wednesdays (8 hour shifts). Other days are flexible.
- Full time potential.
Perks and Benefits
- Pay starts at $17/hour. Eligible for raise after 6 months.
- Monday — Friday schedule. No weekends.
- National holidays off.
- Big employee discount on the best pet food in the world.
- Wholesale deals on food for you.
- Fun, casual work environment with fun, easy-going people.
- 100% paid health insurance coverage for full time employees and 50% paid health insurance coverage for spouses.
- Paid time off for full time employees.
- Paid holidays for full time employees.
Not a public facing position. You will be working with a very small team, the same 4 - 6 people each shift. All team members have been vaccinated and we require you to be vaccinated as well. You will need to submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
If you'd like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with why you'd be a good fit. Thank you!